top of page
She Makes Art
Liggett Studio is pleased to recognize and celebrate the great work by Tulsa Women Artists in our third annual SHE MAKES ART and is seeking creative entries by:
• Those who identify themselves as women, who make art of any discipline and are 18 and older.
• Artists must live in the general Tulsa area (50 mile radius).
• Open to all forms that are original
• All visual works must be for sale (with the exception of installation works) and must not have been shown within a 100 mile radius before the exhibit opens.
• Visual entries will this year will be juried via online virtual entry method by the juror, although if the works are different upon arrival, the Director has the right to not accept them.
• Installation works must have a good description as was well as a detailed drawing of the artist’s concept
and an example of previous work should be submitted and indicated as such.
• Artists may enter up to 3 artworks per entry form with an entry fee of $10 each to defray costs. 2 artworks will be $20, 3 artworks will be $30.
• Photo files must be 1-4 MB and jpg format with the file name the same as the title of the work
This year Awards will be given in the following categories:
- 2 Dimensional,
- 3 Dimensional,
- Most Innovative and
- Best Conceptual Realization
Juror: Our visual arts juror this year is Kay Liggett, a Colorado-based artist with a long history of working with many different mediums and mixed media. She says about the kind of work she will pick for this show: “I’m interested in the role of the window in the artist’s work: open, closed; looking in, looking out, framing visual experience, reflecting the artist herself, revealing or concealing our realities.”
• February 1, 2023, 5pm - SHE MAKES ART - 2023 Entry Deadline.
• February 16, 9pm - Juror makes Digital Jurying.
• February 20, 5pm - Artistic Director Notifies All Artists via email of their Acceptance or Rejection of the
Digital Jurying Results.
• March 7, 2022, 1-3pm - Delivery of Artwork Chosen from Digital Jurying
• March 8-9 - Installation
• March 10, 5-8pm, Second Friday - SHE MAKES ART - 2023 Opens. Award Winners are announced at 6:00pm.
• Gallery will be open on Thursdays and Fridays 5-8pm and Saturdays from 1-5pm
• April 7, First Friday - SHE MAKES ART - 2023 Closing from 5-8pm.
• April 8, 1-3pm - Unsold work is picked up and checks are given out on sold work. If you cannot be there to pick your work up, please make arrangements to have someone else pick it up and notify Steve of who has that authority.
Sponsors: Sharon King Davis. Many thanks!
bottom of page