She Makes Art
Juried show of Women artists
(Notice: Opening date has changed due to winter weather)
Opens Saturday, March 12, 5-8pm
Continues through Friday, April 1, 5-8pm. All work will be available online for purchase as well at in-gallery.
GALLERY HOURS AFTER OPENING: THURS 5-8pm, SAT 1-5pm, Friday April 1st, 5-8pm
Liggett Studio is a located at 314 S Kenosha, Tulsa, OK 74120
This annual showing of The State of Women in the Arts is one of the only exhibitions dedicated (during Women's History Month) to the excellence of Women making art in Tulsa, OK. 40 of the 82 artists who entered this year have never shown at Liggett Studio.
If you would like to make a tax deductible contribution to the SHE MAKES ART AWARDS FUND, you can send your check to ahha Tulsa, 101 E Archer, Tulsa, OK 74103 or you can contact them and give them your credit card info over the phone. Make sure to put "SHE MAKES ART AWARDS FUND" in the memo line.
This year Awards will be given in the following categories:
- 2 Dimensional,
- 3 Dimensional,
- Most Innovative and
- Best Conceptual Realization
Juror: Our juror this year is Jean Ann Fausser, a Tulsa-based artist with a long history of working with many different mediums and mixed media. She says about the kind of work she will pick for this show: "I’m looking for quality, well crafted works that express a personal identity or social view. Experimentation is welcome and all mediums will be considered."
• March 12, 5-8pm - SHE MAKES ART Opens. Award Winners are announced at 6:00pm.
• Gallery will be open on Thursdays and Fridays 5-8pm and Saturdays from 1-5pm
• April 1, First Friday - SHE MAKES ART Closing from 5-8pm.
• April 2, 1-3pm - Unsold work is picked up and checks are given out on sold work. If you cannot be there to pick your work up, please make arrangements to have someone else pick it up and notify Steve of who has that authority.
This event is made possible with a Community Partnership with ahha Tulsa
Many thanks to the SHE MAKES ART sponsors Sharon King Davis and Kay Liggett